Let me tell you what I love about Parliament House. They go the distance to ensure this book is perfect in every way…including ensuring our villains (or perhaps antiheroes) are fleshed out just right. We are in the late stages of publication for “A Dead End Job.” Still, there’s a long way to go. From a second round of line edits to content reviews, we are working hard to get you this book. So please, preorder today. Every preordered book helps with Amazon marketing tiers, sales strategies and other presale details.
We’re on a mission to play role playing games in order to help heal kids. We’ve chosen our local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Augusta. With 170 hospitals to chose from, each location treats thousands of kids annually, regardless of their illness, injury or family’s ability to pay.
We need your help!
Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. Simply click on the “Donate” link in my bio or use the link below to help. And as always, we thank you!
Here it is. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. Our talented artists at Parliament House Press have put together a fantastic book cover. This enticing book calls to me as a reader and I hope it does to you too. There’s lots of information packed into the art that gives you small clues about what our story, and our chief character, is all about. I can’t wait to hear what people think, and thanks again to the publisher for months of hard work creating this masterpiece. Readers, get your limited discounted preorder of “A Dead End Job” now on #amazonkindle #booknook and .#kobobooks. A DEAD END JOB HITS SHELVES OCTOBER 5th, 2021 in digital book, paperback and audio book. www.justinalcala.com
Well, there’s always a silver lining to any adversity, and 2020 was no different. While it’s globally unanimous that 2020 was like skidding down a razor bladed playground slide, there were some benefits. Beyond the zenith of all joys, the birth of my son, Ronan, I could also get a lot of writing projects ready for their 2021 debut. So, strap on your helmet, squeeze into your short shorts, and grease those rollerblades, because we’re skating through 2021 with conviction. Here’s a look at the Justin Alcala schedule for the upcoming year.
- Final edits for “A Dead End Job” were put together by Parliament House Press and myself
- Production Meetings began for the future graphic novel, “Apollyon” with talented producers/creators James Rock and Alex Gomez
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” 1st proof reaches 30,000 words.
- “A Dead End Job” cover artist completes project for acceptance
- “A Dead End Job” cover reveal on February 25th
- “Magic of Motivational Quotes” by Wingless Dreamer publishing is released, featuring a Justin Alcala excerpt
- Cover reveal for the new anthology, “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” released by BLK DOG Publishing. This historical fiction piece about the world had Nazi Germany been victorious features a short story by Justin Alcala titled “The Entrepreneur”
- Proofreading for the Middle Grade book, “The Last Stop” begins. This young reader horror story follows seventh grader, Morrigan, and her little brother, Asher, as they explore the frightful history of their new town, and the connection with their eerie new bus driver.
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” manuscript should reach the halfway point for creation
- Two new short stories will begin for Halloween distribution
- “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” hits shelves
- “The Last Stop” will sent off to agents and publishers
- Short Horror Stories “A Horse for Us All” and “Buried in the Rain” hit anthology and literary magazine shelves
- Finishing touches for the first proof of “Taming of the Cthulhu” complete and sent out to editors
- “The Last Stop” proposed to agents and publishers
- “Apollyon” finishes proofreads and illustrators begin early sketches
- Early reviewers get their “looking-balls” on “A Dead End Job”
- Interviews on podcasts, radio stations and literary journals for the premiere of “A Dead End Job”
- Early announcement about “The Last Stop” publication
- Short Horror Story Projects Cut Off for Submission
- We will take part in the “2021 Charity Drive for the Extra Life for Kids” program
- We will start the countdown for “A Dead End Job” with great giveaways, including e-books, t-shirts and other great
- “The Last Stop” continued publication announcements
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” hits submission phase
- “A Dead End Job” preorders completed
- “A Dead End Job” released (Woo hoo!). Parliament House PRess will release physical copies and ebooks starting October 5th, 2021.
- Podcast interviews to continue in promotion of Parliament House Press in conjunction with “A Dead End Job”
- Halloween Short Stories hit publication
- “The Last Stop” begins editorial phase with new publisher
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” early publication announcements
- Justin Alcala short story and novel contest results announced
- Christmas Giveaways for “A Dead End Job” gifted for select readers
- “Apollyon” publication announcement updates
“The Lantern Quietly Screams” won third in the fantastic town of Saugus, Massachusetts’s 2020 Ghost Story Contest. There were thousands of entries from amazing authors, and it is beyond cool that “The Lantern Quietly Screams” terrified the judges.
When four history students researching the Underground Railroad can’t find records on the old network near the Blue Ridge Mountains, they put out an ad in the paper. Luckily, an archivist, and descendent of a former slave-gone-guide ,agrees to drive up to tell her grandmother’s tale. However, as the group waits along the base of the dark mountain, ghostly lantern lights flicker in the wood line. Luckily, their source arrives before anything else eerie can happen, or so they think. Interested in checking out “The Lantern Quietly Screams”? You can find the short story in the Castabout Literature: October 2019 Edition:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1702629465/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2
or in the 101 Proof Horror Anthology:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1989225306/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i7
And please be sure to leave your review. Every review helps all the authors involved in keeping you horrified.
Ever have one of those jobs that feels like an eternal punishment? Well, that’s better than an actual eternal punishment. Preorder “A Dead End Job” today to secure your copy, and find out why some career paths are worse than others.
One of my favorite parts of “A Dead End Job” was taking a classically ominous figure like Death and making him into a funny, likable guy. Early readers seem to love it too. Preorder “A Dead End Job” on Amazon today to guarantee your copy. It’s a wild ride through the absurd.
Death needs a vacation. Badly. But there’s a catch: There are certain people who just seem to cheat the system, always falling through the cracks and not ending up dead like they’re supposed to—who’s going to take care of them while he’s out?
The answer is simple. He needs an intern. So, with the help of his I.T. guy, Jumbo, he starts scanning through a list of potential candidates.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that one prospect—Buck Palasinksi, a bankrupt hitman with a roleplaying addiction—could have what it takes. After he’s drilled in the forehead by a bullet while scoping out his next target, he falls right into Death and Jumbo’s laps.
If they shove him back into his body, he’ll have a few weeks to prove that he has what it takes to be Death’s right-hand man…That is, if he can take out Public Enemy Number one, John Dillinger, while he’s got a werewolf sidekick and tries to quit smoking.
There’s nothing like a little scare to get you in the spirit, and there’s nothing like a spirit to get you a scare. Enjoy all of the Justin Alcala Christmas horror titles, from novels like “Consumed” to short stories like “It Dances Now” ( 101 Proof Horror Anthology). We have all your needs on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or http://www.justinalcala.com.
Check out the latest podcast appearance on the fantastic Joel Albrecht’s “Are You Still Talking?” In this Christmas episode, we discuss the new book, “A Dead End Job”, Dracula, The Mandalorian, and gallons of other nerdy topics. On that note, have you preordered “A Dead End Job” on Amazon yet?
Death needs a vacation. There’s only one catch. Who’s going to do his job while he’s out? The answer is simple. Death needs to hire an intern. So, with the help of his I.T. Guy, Jumbo, the two look for a qualified candidate. It doesn’t take much to learn that their prospect, Buck Palasinski, could have what it takes. He’s a Chicago hitman that’s just been killed on the job. If they bring Buck back from death, he’ll have a few weeks to prove that he has what it takes to be Death’s right-hand man…that’s if he can kill the Underworld’s Public Enemy Number One, John Dillinger. Finalist for the 2019 Speculative Literature Foundation’s Diverse Writers Award. “This reads like a neo-noir mixed with a hefty dose of dark humor, and I’m loving it. The story grabbed me initially, and I liked the personification of Death and the little, nerdy details that make the author (and the characters) genuine.” -Speculative Literature Foundation Juror Preorder on Amazon Today!