The Ghost of Christmas Future has his own intern, and they’re looking to give season’s beatings to anyone who tries to cheat Death. Put this award winning urban fantasy novel in your cart today!
That’s right! ManyBooks.net has given me the prestigious honor of being the Halloween “ManyBooks: Author of the Day.” Check out the link in my bio come 10.31 to read my upcoming interview, talk about A DEAD END JOB, and other literature fun!
“Lilith, my oldest work-friend since… well, friends became a thing. Unmentionables weren’t around when dinosaurs and other eat-poop-then-die creatures were on Earth. It’s only when sentience became all the rage that God cut off her finger and gave it to me as Lilith, divine retribution for anyone bold enough to manipulate the cosmic work schedule. Since then, Lilith has, and always will be, the most dangerous weapon in existence. While I used her special holy abracadabra to transform Lilith into a scythe, she adjusts to the user’s character in order to be the best possible work tool. So if you want to be my next intern, and you’re comfortable getting my dry-cleaning, let’s first see what’s in that mushy pink wetware between your ears. It’s a sorting hat sort of thing, only with irremediable, world ending consequences.”
Big WOW! Publisher’s Weekly just named “A DEAD END JOB” BEST BOOKS this week along w/ a generous review. I couldn’t be more honored. Check out the link in my bio and don’t forget to preorder your copy.
Book Reviewers: Get an early e-copy of A DEAD END JOB before it hits shelves October 6th. Just drop a message to be the first to read this hilarious urban fantasy book following Buck, the lovable Chicago Hitman, as he interns for the Grim Reaper.
Sorry for interrupting your cult meeting. I know you’re all trying to attain eternal life and all. Now, you’re going to kill me, but uh, I’m actually here to eliminate you all on behalf of the Grim Reaper. Isn’t that neat? Also, let me correct myself. You’re gonna try to kill me…and it’s going to go poorly for you.” -Buck Palasinski, Intern for Death
“A DEAD END JOB” hits pages OCTOBER 6th, 2021. Preorder today at a discounted rate on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
There’s never been stranger urban fantasy than with “A Dead End Job” presented by Parliament House Press. Buck was just a lowlife Hitman trying to make his way through this miserable world when the gun was flipped on him. Now he’s interning for the Grim Reaper in an attempt to dodge eternal damnation. His new job entails taking out “Unmentionables,” those who cheat death. The only problem? When you know how to dodge your final demise it’s usually because you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Poor Buck.
PREORDER “A DEAD END JOB” on #amazonbooks #barnesandnoble and #kobobooks or wherever great books are sold.
“The hardest thing about a job isn’t the killing. It’s the freaking planning. Tailing your mark’s whereabouts is expensive on a hit man’s pockets. Especially in Chicago. Oh well. Should’ve stayed in school I guess.”
-Buck, Death’s Intern
PREORDER “A DEAD END JOB” on AMAZON, B&N OR KOBO TODAY!
urbanfantasy #urbanfantasybooks #urbanfantasynovels #urbanfantasynovels #urbanfantasyauthor #urbanfantasybookseries #urbanfantasyauthorcommunity #bookstagram #book #booklover #booknerd #bookcommunity #books #readersofinstagram #read #readmorebooks #readingtime #readersofig #justinalcala #authors #books #amazon #amazonkindle #barnesandnoble #kobobooks #amazonbooks #booknook
Well, there’s always a silver lining to any adversity, and 2020 was no different. While it’s globally unanimous that 2020 was like skidding down a razor bladed playground slide, there were some benefits. Beyond the zenith of all joys, the birth of my son, Ronan, I could also get a lot of writing projects ready for their 2021 debut. So, strap on your helmet, squeeze into your short shorts, and grease those rollerblades, because we’re skating through 2021 with conviction. Here’s a look at the Justin Alcala schedule for the upcoming year.
- Final edits for “A Dead End Job” were put together by Parliament House Press and myself
- Production Meetings began for the future graphic novel, “Apollyon” with talented producers/creators James Rock and Alex Gomez
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” 1st proof reaches 30,000 words.
- “A Dead End Job” cover artist completes project for acceptance
- “A Dead End Job” cover reveal on February 25th
- “Magic of Motivational Quotes” by Wingless Dreamer publishing is released, featuring a Justin Alcala excerpt
- Cover reveal for the new anthology, “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” released by BLK DOG Publishing. This historical fiction piece about the world had Nazi Germany been victorious features a short story by Justin Alcala titled “The Entrepreneur”
- Proofreading for the Middle Grade book, “The Last Stop” begins. This young reader horror story follows seventh grader, Morrigan, and her little brother, Asher, as they explore the frightful history of their new town, and the connection with their eerie new bus driver.
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” manuscript should reach the halfway point for creation
- Two new short stories will begin for Halloween distribution
- “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” hits shelves
- “The Last Stop” will sent off to agents and publishers
- Short Horror Stories “A Horse for Us All” and “Buried in the Rain” hit anthology and literary magazine shelves
- Finishing touches for the first proof of “Taming of the Cthulhu” complete and sent out to editors
- “The Last Stop” proposed to agents and publishers
- “Apollyon” finishes proofreads and illustrators begin early sketches
- Early reviewers get their “looking-balls” on “A Dead End Job”
- Interviews on podcasts, radio stations and literary journals for the premiere of “A Dead End Job”
- Early announcement about “The Last Stop” publication
- Short Horror Story Projects Cut Off for Submission
- We will take part in the “2021 Charity Drive for the Extra Life for Kids” program
- We will start the countdown for “A Dead End Job” with great giveaways, including e-books, t-shirts and other great
- “The Last Stop” continued publication announcements
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” hits submission phase
- “A Dead End Job” preorders completed
- “A Dead End Job” released (Woo hoo!). Parliament House PRess will release physical copies and ebooks starting October 5th, 2021.
- Podcast interviews to continue in promotion of Parliament House Press in conjunction with “A Dead End Job”
- Halloween Short Stories hit publication
- “The Last Stop” begins editorial phase with new publisher
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” early publication announcements
- Justin Alcala short story and novel contest results announced
- Christmas Giveaways for “A Dead End Job” gifted for select readers
- “Apollyon” publication announcement updates