Book Reviewers: Get an early e-copy of A DEAD END JOB before it hits shelves October 6th. Just drop a message to be the first to read this hilarious urban fantasy book following Buck, the lovable Chicago Hitman, as he interns for the Grim Reaper.
“What a lame day to die. It was Friday, possibly the best time of the week for any seventh grader, it was ruined. People should die on Mondays. That sounds right.”
-Morrigan, The Last Stop
Morrigan’s family needs out of the city. So they move to suburbia where her special needs brother, Asher, is closer to his treatments. Life in a little town though isn’t what it’s cracked up to be and soon Morrigan grows tired of discourteous classmates, quiet streets and strange neighbors. What’s worse, she and her tag along brother are the last ones dropped off every day on the school bus, dragging out her drab existence. The none day a new bus arrives and Morrigan’s life gets deader than she could have ever imagined.
There’s never been stranger urban fantasy than with “A Dead End Job” presented by Parliament House Press. Buck was just a lowlife Hitman trying to make his way through this miserable world when the gun was flipped on him. Now he’s interning for the Grim Reaper in an attempt to dodge eternal damnation. His new job entails taking out “Unmentionables,” those who cheat death. The only problem? When you know how to dodge your final demise it’s usually because you have a few tricks up your sleeve. Poor Buck.
PREORDER “A DEAD END JOB” on #amazonbooks #barnesandnoble and #kobobooks or wherever great books are sold.
“The hardest thing about a job isn’t the killing. It’s the freaking planning. Tailing your mark’s whereabouts is expensive on a hit man’s pockets. Especially in Chicago. Oh well. Should’ve stayed in school I guess.”
-Buck, Death’s Intern
PREORDER “A DEAD END JOB” on AMAZON, B&N OR KOBO TODAY!
urbanfantasy #urbanfantasybooks #urbanfantasynovels #urbanfantasynovels #urbanfantasyauthor #urbanfantasybookseries #urbanfantasyauthorcommunity #bookstagram #book #booklover #booknerd #bookcommunity #books #readersofinstagram #read #readmorebooks #readingtime #readersofig #justinalcala #authors #books #amazon #amazonkindle #barnesandnoble #kobobooks #amazonbooks #booknook
Generous crusaders unite to help us HELP CHILDREN!!! We are working w/ Wizards of the Coast and Extra Life to help kids who can’t afford hospital services. Please, if you’d be so kind, donate even $1 to the cause to show your support. We appreciate it!
And as always, thank you to the dozens who’ve supported us so far. We bring the wizards, but you provide the magic.
We’re on a mission to play role playing games in order to help heal kids. We’ve chosen our local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Augusta. With 170 hospitals to chose from, each location treats thousands of kids annually, regardless of their illness, injury or family’s ability to pay.
We need your help!
Your donation is tax-deductible and will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them. Simply click on the “Donate” link in my bio or use the link below to help. And as always, we thank you!
Here it is. The moment we’ve all been waiting for. Our talented artists at Parliament House Press have put together a fantastic book cover. This enticing book calls to me as a reader and I hope it does to you too. There’s lots of information packed into the art that gives you small clues about what our story, and our chief character, is all about. I can’t wait to hear what people think, and thanks again to the publisher for months of hard work creating this masterpiece. Readers, get your limited discounted preorder of “A Dead End Job” now on #amazonkindle #booknook and .#kobobooks. A DEAD END JOB HITS SHELVES OCTOBER 5th, 2021 in digital book, paperback and audio book. www.justinalcala.com
Well, there’s always a silver lining to any adversity, and 2020 was no different. While it’s globally unanimous that 2020 was like skidding down a razor bladed playground slide, there were some benefits. Beyond the zenith of all joys, the birth of my son, Ronan, I could also get a lot of writing projects ready for their 2021 debut. So, strap on your helmet, squeeze into your short shorts, and grease those rollerblades, because we’re skating through 2021 with conviction. Here’s a look at the Justin Alcala schedule for the upcoming year.
- Final edits for “A Dead End Job” were put together by Parliament House Press and myself
- Production Meetings began for the future graphic novel, “Apollyon” with talented producers/creators James Rock and Alex Gomez
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” 1st proof reaches 30,000 words.
- “A Dead End Job” cover artist completes project for acceptance
- “A Dead End Job” cover reveal on February 25th
- “Magic of Motivational Quotes” by Wingless Dreamer publishing is released, featuring a Justin Alcala excerpt
- Cover reveal for the new anthology, “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” released by BLK DOG Publishing. This historical fiction piece about the world had Nazi Germany been victorious features a short story by Justin Alcala titled “The Entrepreneur”
- Proofreading for the Middle Grade book, “The Last Stop” begins. This young reader horror story follows seventh grader, Morrigan, and her little brother, Asher, as they explore the frightful history of their new town, and the connection with their eerie new bus driver.
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” manuscript should reach the halfway point for creation
- Two new short stories will begin for Halloween distribution
- “Citizen Survivors: The Red Book” hits shelves
- “The Last Stop” will sent off to agents and publishers
- Short Horror Stories “A Horse for Us All” and “Buried in the Rain” hit anthology and literary magazine shelves
- Finishing touches for the first proof of “Taming of the Cthulhu” complete and sent out to editors
- “The Last Stop” proposed to agents and publishers
- “Apollyon” finishes proofreads and illustrators begin early sketches
- Early reviewers get their “looking-balls” on “A Dead End Job”
- Interviews on podcasts, radio stations and literary journals for the premiere of “A Dead End Job”
- Early announcement about “The Last Stop” publication
- Short Horror Story Projects Cut Off for Submission
- We will take part in the “2021 Charity Drive for the Extra Life for Kids” program
- We will start the countdown for “A Dead End Job” with great giveaways, including e-books, t-shirts and other great
- “The Last Stop” continued publication announcements
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” hits submission phase
- “A Dead End Job” preorders completed
- “A Dead End Job” released (Woo hoo!). Parliament House PRess will release physical copies and ebooks starting October 5th, 2021.
- Podcast interviews to continue in promotion of Parliament House Press in conjunction with “A Dead End Job”
- Halloween Short Stories hit publication
- “The Last Stop” begins editorial phase with new publisher
- “Taming of the Cthulhu” early publication announcements
- Justin Alcala short story and novel contest results announced
- Christmas Giveaways for “A Dead End Job” gifted for select readers
- “Apollyon” publication announcement updates
“The Lantern Quietly Screams” won third in the fantastic town of Saugus, Massachusetts’s 2020 Ghost Story Contest. There were thousands of entries from amazing authors, and it is beyond cool that “The Lantern Quietly Screams” terrified the judges.
When four history students researching the Underground Railroad can’t find records on the old network near the Blue Ridge Mountains, they put out an ad in the paper. Luckily, an archivist, and descendent of a former slave-gone-guide ,agrees to drive up to tell her grandmother’s tale. However, as the group waits along the base of the dark mountain, ghostly lantern lights flicker in the wood line. Luckily, their source arrives before anything else eerie can happen, or so they think. Interested in checking out “The Lantern Quietly Screams”? You can find the short story in the Castabout Literature: October 2019 Edition:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1702629465/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2
or in the 101 Proof Horror Anthology:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1989225306/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i7
And please be sure to leave your review. Every review helps all the authors involved in keeping you horrified.